Trick or treat! It’s that ‘spooky’ time of the year again. For you who are planning to enjoy Halloween with healthy, homemade treats, check out these ideas for some fun, scary Halloween snacks. They’re vegan, not so complicated to make, and perfect for kids and adults. You can make them ahead of time!
1 or 2 bananas
Melted dark vegan chocolate
- Slice banana in half, place flat side down on a plate.
- Drop some melted chocolate to make the eyes and the mouth.
- Have fun with the mouth shapes to make them look scary or friendly. That's it!
2. Apple mouth monster
1 or 2 apples
Peanut butter (or your favourite vegan butter/spread)
Almonds (you can toast them for a brown ugly tooth look)
- Simply quarter and core an apple.
- Make a cut in the slice of the quarter to give space for the teeth.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the butter inside this slice and fill with nuts to make them look like teeth. Just for fun, you can also toast the nuts to give ugly brown look on the teeth.
3. Guacamole graveyard
2-3 ripe avocados
2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
Cooked red beans (chopped)
Crackers for the graveyard stones
- Mix all the avocado flesh with lemon juice.
- Press them with a fork or pulse them in a blender.
- Season the way you want.
- Portion the guacamole in small cups, top with chopped red beans.
- Write RIP with a tube of vegan mayonnaise on the crackers and dip them in each cup.
4. Creepy witch fingers
Want to bite off a bloody finger? These eerie cookies will make a fun addition to any Halloween parties. Nutty and a bit crumbly, they remind you of those simple, dry cookies that go with tea or coffee. Try this healthy, very allergy-friendly recipe for these fingers. They just need 30 minutes to bake and you're done.
Using fruits, vegetables, and nuts, you can make sweet or salty Halloween treats that are also loaded with lots of health benefits. They are simple to make and will certainly add the zing to your Halloween party.
We at naanu believe that enjoying life with delicious treats is as important as taking care of your nutritional needs. That’s why we offer naanu cookies, as a simpler, healthier, and more delicious alternative to your supplements.
They’re fortified with vitamin D, B12 and omega-3 as well as rich in zinc, iron, calcium and fibre. Just one cookie a day meets your daily dose of nutrients! Made with natural ingredients, naanu cookies are also vegan, gluten-free, and organic, making them guilt-free and easily consumed by people with intolerance/allergies. Check our original and no-added sugar range here.
We would like to know what you have decided to make for your Halloween treats? Follow us on Instagram page to stay updated with our latest news.
Have a spooky Halloween and have fun!