Science has already proved all of the benefits to a vegan lifestyle on our health and the benefits for the environment and animals. For these reasons veganism is increasingly emerging among all populations.
Celebrities and public figures are no exception; many public and historical figures have adopted a plant based diet and are raising awareness for a better life for humans, animals and our planet and its ecosystem.
Before becoming a trend amongst celebrities philosophers, scientist and artists encourage a plant-based diet.
Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) recommended a vegetarian diet to his followers and is known for this quote: "One should not kill a living being, nor causeit to be killed, nor should one incite another to kill. Do not injure any being, either strong or weak, in the world".
Mahatma Gandhi vowed to quit consuming milk and milk products as well as meat. He reinforced this lifestyle in his book 'A guide to health'. One of his famous quotes was: "I do not regard flesh-food as necessary for us at any stage and under any clime in which it is possible for human beings ordinarily to live. I hold flesh-food to be unsuited to our species. To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb for the sake of the human body."
From historical figures to current celebrities, the plant based/ vegan lifestyle is increasingly inspiring people to make a change in their diets whether it's for their health, animals or the planet.
- Leonardo di Caprio is best known as an actor and since 2016 an environmental activist, when he used his Oscar speech to address climate change. Leo has invested in vegan food companies such as Beyond Meat and has produced documentaries such as Cowspiracy to raise awareness about animal agriculture and Ice on Fire about climate change. More recently he has also been involved in saving the Amazon through Earth Alliance.
- Ariana Grande has been vegan since 2013 and her lifestyle shift is mainly because of her love for animals, as well as her concern about her own health and happiness. Ariana claimed that she loves animals more than most people. Since she became vegan, Ariana has become an activist in this area, especially through her social media.
- Madonna’s strict vegan macrobiotic diet is one of the secrets of her beauty. According to her personal trainer, her diet boosts her energy and metabolism and allows her to work 6 days a week, even during her tours.
- Bill Clinton switched to a vegan diet in 2010 after a heart surgery. Since then his health has improved and he’s lost almost 30 pounds. Clinton reported that being vegan changed his life; he said "I might not be around if I hadn’t become a vegan. It’s great."
- Brad Pitt is an icon for vegans, he believes that a vegan diet is the right path to a healthier lifestyle. Brad is an animal activist and is involved in many environmental causes. His lifestyle has inspired many fans and co-stars. He believes that “being vegan is one step forward towards the environment”.
- Venus and Serena Williams changed to a raw vegan diet after the diagnosis of Venus with Sjögren’s syndrome, an incurable autoimmune disease. With a diet shift to veganism, Venus overcame the health issues, regained her energy and went back to the Tennis court.
The list doesn’t end here, many celebrities follow a vegan diet most of the time like Beyonce and Ellen de Generes. They believe in the benefits of this lifestyle on their health and on protecting our planet.
So if science is not convincing you to go vegan just yet, get inspired by one of your favourite vegan celebrities! Joshua Howard from EcoLifeMaster wrote an awesome piece on 40 vegan celebs including videos about them discussing the topic!
Let us know what you think about a vegan lifestyle what would be the major obstacles in following it.
At naanu we’re here for you to make this lifestyle more simple, enjoyable and as natural as possible. naanu cookies are loaded with vegan nutrients: Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Omega-3, Calcium, Iron and Zinc.
- Happy news